Friday, February 17, 2012

Family Fridays: Ziti, Bread & Cake

This week, I made baked Ziti and cheesy garlic bread for dinner, and carrot cake for dessert.

I started cooking the Ziti noodles on the stove.  Once they were cooked and rinsed, I poured the sauce in and added Mozzarella, Parmesan, and Ricotta cheeses and spice.

 Adding the sauce

Adding the cheeses

I just dumped a whole bunch of it in, it was easier.

Almost read to mix...

I added some 'secret' spices to the recipe.

Adding the ricotta cheese

Once all the ingredients were in the pot, I mixed them together.  It was very heavy so it was hard to mix, but I did it.


After it was all mixed, I shoveled it into the pan so I could put it in the oven for 45 minutes to bake.


Finally ready for the oven!

After it came out of the oven, it smelled delicious!  =)  While it was cooking, I made the cheesy garlic bread and set the table.
All ready to eat!

Yummy!

Dinner's ready!

Cheesy Garlic Bread

After dinner, I served the carrot cake.  I baked it on Thursday afternoon and frosted it today.  I added sprinkles to add some pretty color.

Me, holding the carrot cake.

Cream cheese frosting with pink sprinkles

Carrot cake with raisins and carrot chunks.

Everyone loved the meal.  Only my parents ate the cake because I don't like that kind and my brother doesn't like desserts that have veggies in it.  ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. It all looks wonderful. Carrot cake is one of my favorites. I shouldn't have any part of this meal, but sometimes I do have one at a time. Never together.

    ReplyDelete