Wednesday, March 7, 2012

'What's That?' Wednesday: Coffee (Part 1)

For the next few 'What's That?' Wednesdays, I decided to write about COFFEE!  My Mom LOVES coffee and drinks it every day, so I thought it would be fun to know where it comes from and how it's made.

This week, I wanted to find out about coffee flavor varieties, and what's different about them, but first, enjoy these fun musical videos about coffee:


Muppets version:


Frank Sinatra version:

There is a lot of coffee out there!  Many coffees come from:  Brazil, Tanzania, Jamaica, Hawaii, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Cameroon, Indonesia, Ethiopia, Costa Rica, South Africa, India, Kenya and all over Latin America.

The main varieties of coffee include:
  • Arabica - the best flavored coffee (Java and Mocha)
  • Robusta - higher in caffeine and is bitter and more acidic (This is the kind you will find that most people and restaurants serve).
Have you ever been to a coffee shop?  What one have you been to?  What's your favorite kind of coffee?  Do you even understand what you're ordering?  This is the most complicated order from a customer at Starbucks:

“Yes hi I’ll have a tall half-skinny half-1 percent extra hot split quad shot (two shots decaf, two shots regular) latte with whip.”

Next week I'll try to explain what some of those things are.  I have to learn it all, myself, first.  See ya next week!

Have a nice day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment